Friday 16 November 2018

Vintage frame - Timeless by Bipasha

Hello my crafty friends, for this month I was inspired by the autumn leaves and beautiful Impasto paints from Finnabair in the shades of pastels.



At the very outset, I primed the surface with heavy white gesso to prepare it for further mediums. Once dry, I applied texture crackle paste through a stencil and with a palette knife. I absolutely love this medium from Finnabair and you will find me using it for most of my vintage projects to create a faux cracked effect. I did a quick wash over my platform with the black gesso to blend in the white stencilled design, removing any excess water and excess gesso with a wet wipe.




To imitate the look of a withered black wooden fence I used the Impasto paint in  and  and added randomly with a sponge. These colours are great to create a shabby chic vintage effect and with its strong consistency a little amount goes a long way. Then I add some wax in Old silver with my finger on the edges of the wooden frame. Once I was happy with the subtle textures I let it air dry thoroughly and created the composition with assorted metal embellishments layered and adhered using 3D matte gel. I love the way it holds the dimensional elements strongly.





I selected a beautiful vintage photo and quote from Finnabair's newly released vintage photobooth and word stickers. I am in love with the rustic feel of these photos and beautiful sentiments (you can find one word for each of your mood :)). Next, I added some coffee & tea stains followed by highlights in the design creases with Red rust paste and with the addition of some beautiful beads, my project is complete!




The possibilities of these mediums, embellishments and pastes when combined, are limitless. I hope you are inspired to create your own shabby chic altered artpiece with these beautiful paints and textured pastes, that becomes an outlet to your emotions.



Happy crafting!
Bipasha


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...