Monday 5 November 2018

Love to Dream by Olya Kravets

Hello there lovely creative friends! Today I'd like to share with you my brand new inspiration - a mixed media canvas with new amazing Finnabair's products!


I created a monochromatic project, but here you will see a variety of mixed media stuff.


A bit of lightness and airiness, in dreams of the sea and the sky, here are my feelings.


For the base, I applied White Crackle and dried it well. Now there are fantastic cracks on the canvas! I covered them with Soft Matte Gel so as not to damage the pieces.


Then I worked with color! There are so many of my favorite products here. I took several Acrylic Paints and Mica Powder and mixed them on canvas.



Then I added Impasto Paints. First with a Stencil "Swirly Florals" and then just made a few strokes of a silicon brush. I love these matte and dense shades. This is a great combination with shiny acrylic paints.


Then, using a variety of decor, I created a composition. I covered some metal elements and chipboard with Impasto Paints and Acrylic Paints. So the decor looks more harmonious in the project. I created voluminous and airy layers.


Of course, I added a little bit of Art Ingredients with Art Stones and Glass Glitter. Awesome shine!
For originality, I used lace at the bottom of the canvas. I also made a suspension using a stick, rope and Mechanicals  Pins. Now I can hang it! A bit of originality and something new never hurts, right?


I invite you to watch my video tutorial to see the whole process of creating my project. Enjoy! 



I really hope that I was able to inspire you! 
Be inspired by the new materials because they are simply amazing! Create simple things but put your heart in them. Then you will be unique.  Remember that you are beautiful and everything that you create will be beautiful! 
With love, Olya.



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

suzyb said...

Very pretty! Love the crackle and the colours you have used in creating this wonderful little masterpiece. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...