Friday 16 October 2015

Sea Treasures

My Friends!
Today I'd like to ask you to give a cheer and a super warm welcome to Kasia who's debuting on my blog as a new member of the Creative Team.
If you'd like to see more of Kasia's stunning art, visit her blog, follow her on instagram and facebook and enjoy following her creative process on you tube.


Hello, Kasia here with my first project for Finnabair Creative Team.
I decided to make something with my favourite theme - nautical with some sea treasures.
I was born in a coastal town and I live by the sea. I love my hometown and don't want to live anywhere else. For sure you will see the sea reflected in my projects because I reach for these topics very often. The sea and its treasures are a great inspiration for me.


I really like changing ordinary items, giving them a bit of soul, some uniqueness.
This time I found these wooden hearts and I wanted to give them a bit of myself.


1. I covered the entire surface with a thick layer of White Crackle Texture Paste. After drying, I have beautiful cracks on my hearts.


2. I love to create texture with various sizes of beads. I am using also gauze - it is an essential product in my studio. I glued it all with 3D Matte Gel and of course - left to dry.


3. For a perfect surface for colors (mists, paints) - cover everything with Gesso.


4. I made mists with Mica Powders mixed with water and sprayed my hearts. Now they have such a beautiful sheen. The cracks became more visible when I added the color.


5. Again - a little bit of gesso to highlight the details.


6. Now it's time for embellishments. I added a shell, a starfish and a tiny bottle with golden liquid inside (water + mica powder). Each heart also got its own Mechanicals plate.


Voila - here's how all three nautical hearts turned out:


And here are some details of my project:



Thank you so much for looking today and see you soon.
Kasia

Products used:


16 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, totally AWESOME!!! <3

Ilona Zbieg said...

Prześliczne

adziamar said...

Wspaniałe i piękne

Unknown said...

Stunning alteration...the sea themed hearts look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

JaMajka said...

So many amazing crackles and layers with cool details! Great job :)

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful first post, dear Kasia! Nice little pieces of art you created.

Magdalena Deberny said...

Ale super serducha!! Świetna ozdoba :) Pasowałaby mi w mojej morskiej łazience.

Edyta said...

Cudne! Spękania wyszły genialnie.

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Very beautiful Kasia!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your first post for the Finn team is totally gorgeous! I love what you did to alter the plain little hearts into something wonderful! Thank you for sharing your process as well.

Unknown said...

Wyszło bossssko :D w życiu bym nie pomyślała, że to te same serduszka :) morskie klimaty to Twój znak rozpoznawczy :D

Neil said...





absolutely gorgeous textures and layering. Loving the transformation.

Unknown said...

Love this project!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Fabulous ❤️❤️❤️

Pam said...

these have so much detail yet are surprisingly simple. Love them!

Henryka Kowacz said...

Świetny tutorial i piękna praca !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...