Monday 19 October 2015

* Create * Altered * Art *

My Friends!
Today we are having another fabulous debut by my new Creative Team!
This time I'd like you to give a warm welcome to lovely Athanasia who created a very special - and symbolic I think - project.
If you'd like to know more about her - and I'm sure you would - follow Athanasia's blog filled with amazing artworks. You can also bookmark her youtube channel and make friends on facebook.


Hello dear friends! Today I'm sharing my first post here on Finn Team and I'm very excited to be working with such amazing and talented ladies!

For my first post I decided to alter an old paintbrush. I found this beauty in a basement and it was love at first sight. :)

Here's how an old, dusty and long forgotten paintbrush turned out when I attacked it with Finnabair's Art Basics and Art Ingredients.
The front:


And the back:


I wanted to make both sides of the paint brush look interesting, so I used two Plated Labels from the Mechanical set 'ART' and 'CREATE' with some mini brads.
I really love that they look as if they were screwed on the brush - in fact, they aren't, I just glued them with 3D Gloss Gel.
I also used a few more Mechanicals to embellish the brush, again with the 3D Gloss Gel.


In order to change the color of the brush, I made a custom paint with Soft Matte Gel and Rust Mica Powder. This combination makes a waterproof paint which will stay on your surface no matter what - I just love it!

I also made two more custom paints with Soft Matte Gel and Mica Powders: 'Peach Opal Magic' and 'Blue Opal Magic'. These opal powders are really magical. They have beautiful sparkle and shine, which will be perfect to add unique luminous look to any craft project. I love how they look on my paintbrush!


I also used two Art Extravagance line Texture Pastes 'Platinum Crackle' and 'Graphite' on several spots.
I like textures on my projects and these two are so different each other. The effect they create is so unique.


After all media were dry, I added on desired spots five different Art Ingredients to give more texture and create beautiful look: copper micro beads, pitch black glass glitter, copper glass glitter, gold glass glitter and mulberry mica flakes.
(You can find all the Ingredients I sued in the links below.)




I used quite a lot of Finnabair Art Basics and Ingredients and had so much fun playing with all these media.
Here is my video so you can see the whole process step by step...


I hope you find my first Finn Team project inspiring!
Maybe you also have some old paintbrushes that are just waiting there to get a new altered life? ;)
xxx
Athanasia

Products used:


16 comments:

Irina Honcharyk said...

Love it!!! Beautiful and stunning brush!

Linda M. Cain said...

Totally LOVED it!

Kathy Bradley said...

I love the new life that you gave this pool old and forgotten paint brush - it looks awesome and your video was wonderful.

Scraps of Elegance said...

Wow, i love the colors you used on this very creative project.

Az Scrappin Sisters said...

This is the most unique idea! I love it. Our treasured paintbrushes...what do we do with our favorite brushes when their bristles are too worn... What a tribute! thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Just wonderful Athanasia! Love the video too! ❤

Caty said...

Really gorgeous !!! Wonderful !! Thanks so much for sharing your video tutorial... big hugs. Caty.

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

Amazing video tutorial!!! I love the old brush...Thank you for sharing..

Sue said...

Brilliant. I'll never throw an old paintbrush away again.

smokeysmom said...

After watching your video and seeing the amazing results, I'll never throw away another paint brush. Great technique and awesome inspiration. Many thanks:)

elpimpi said...

JUST PERFECT! Amazing colours! This shine! And this flower... LOVE IT!

Athanasia said...

Thank you ladies for your sweet comments <3

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Bonjour,
C'est vraiment un pinceau magnifique. Il a une nouvelle vie.
Très beau travail partagé.
Merci.

Marci said...

I love the paintbrush and the video!

lala412 said...

That paintbrush is gorgeous! I was looking for information on how to use mica powders and found this site. I am definitely buying them, and following this blog! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...