Monday 26 October 2015

Perfume Makover

My Friends!
Today we have another special art treat for you - a superbly creative piece by Denisa, our new Creative Team member.
I know for sure you will want to follow Denisa's talent on her blog and make friends on facebook!


I love wearing perfumes as we all do. :)  I usually throw away empty bottles but some time ago I decided to keep some just in case I might use them later for altering.
So here I am today with my Perfume Bottle Makover.


I  started by applying a layer of Black Gesso on the bottles.
After drying I applied a thick layer of White Crackle Paste. I let it dry and crackle over night.


Next I glued down bits of Newspaper resist canvas with Soft Matte Gel and did some stencil work to create little stars.


I did some random stamping with waterproof black ink. I stamped with Don´t Forget To Fly cling stamps.
Then I used various mists and sprays in blue, gold and brown tones.


I glued the vintage photos from Finnabair's Ephemera pack on the back sides of perfume bottle caps.
I used a hot glue gun to fasten the caps on the bottles.
I attached some star brads and numbers from Mechanicals as simple embellies. I love them.


I also placed some Bronze Micro Beads and a pearl on the canvas.
I added a bit of Black Art Sugar and Bottle Green Mica Powder here and there.


I love using wires. So I twisted the wire several times and formed circles.
After fastening them to the bottles, I attached star brads straight on the wires.


Next I printed the quotes in black and white and stuck them on the caps´ sides.
As a final touch I randomly painted the bottle with gold Ecoline and voila here they are. :)




Hope you'll find my project inspiring and maybe look around your house seeing perfume bottles with the new eye. ;)
Denisa

Materials used:


8 comments:

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Those perfume bottles turned out amazing!! Very pretty! I love it when people re-purpose items :)

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful - I love how the bottles turned out and thanks for sharing the process!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Stunning alteration Denisa..out of world!! Thanks for inspiration

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Wow this is amazing! So creative and inventing! Really gorgeous Denisa! You so fit this team well!

mamablitger said...

Denisa you created such lovely altered bottles. They are just excellent. I love what you did with them. And I enjoyed that you described how you achieved this lovely result. Thank you so much.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

very SWEET!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Wonderful!!!

Athanasia said...

I love this Denisa, great work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...