Friday 2 October 2015

'Within heart beat' Assemblage Art by Marta Lapkowska

Marta's project for today makes my heart sing.. It has all the elements that I love so much - most of all, some wonderful creative recycling and finding beauty in the ordinary. You will absolutely love it too!



Hi mixed media friends!
Firstly I must say how happy, honoured and grateful I am for continuing my journey with Finnabair Creative Finn. This is a dream team and being here is such a privilage for me.
I am absolutely over the moon that I can meet you all here in the next months and share my love for mixed media.


Do you know what Assemblage is ?
Today I would like to show you my mixed media assemblage piece.

Assemblage is an artistic form or medium usually created on a defined substrate that consists of three-dimensional elements projecting out of or from the substrate. It is similar to collage, a two-dimensional medium. It is part of the visual arts, it typically uses found objects, but is not limited to these materials.



This piece was in my head for a long time. I had kept this old broken telly part and waited for an inspiration to come.
I could see my finished project right away but... it kept on changing while I was creating.

It's special piece... two hearts... connected by wire like myself and my daughter Emily... (you can see her small hand on the video for split second :)


As you can see main telly part was left uncoloured. In my first vision I hoped to blend in all the elements and cover it with some colour. At the end I left the original green and decided to find some coordinating shades and match small findings to my main green colour.


I added many found objects and craft embellishments like metal pieces, chipboards and resin elements.



To colour my make I used new colours of Mica Powders from Finnabair and gel medium.
By mixing gel medium and mica powders you will get a great shiny paint.
As you can see all coloured elements are having this fantastic shimmery shine.
I hope you will enjoy the video!







Love, Marta xx

Products from Mixed Media Place:

10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic piece by Marta - wow!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

A stunning creation with a beautiful story. I like the inclusion of the Sandra Evertson Relics and Artifacts.
Wishes
Lynne

Carole Dion said...

Everything look so simple with you doing it !!! :)

Kathy Bradley said...

Marta,
Beautiful assemblage piece. Gorgeous colors and elements used and I love that you have connected the two hearts! Your video was wonderful and I saw your little helper's hand!

Unknown said...

Awesome project!

scrappinbrat said...

WOW! Fabulous tutorial as always. Love the new mica colors. Just when I thought I already had all the colors I need...now I HAVE to get the new ones! I have one question...where did you get that adorable fairy??? I am totally in love with her. Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely video. You are a gem! HUGS!!

mamablitger said...

Oh gosh.. This is awesome !!!! I love it. And I enjoyed so much watching your video. I love all the elements you included. And the fabulous way you painted it.. Gorgeous colors as well.
Can I ask for your help ...please ? I wanted to know what you call the background piece in English ? ( my native language is'nt English ). I supposed it's a kind of circuit board ? But what is it called when there is all those funny components on it ? Or is it a re-cycle item you found ? Maybe from a radio or another electronic device ??
Also I would love to know where you got the small ballerina you glued on the lower heart ?? Is it a metal charm ??
I hope you have time to reply one day....please ?? I will be very grateful.
In advance thank you for any help. And thank you for sharing your fantastic art. I'm just crazy about it.
Hugs from Monica...... Spain
( mamablitger@hotmail.com )

Notations of a Crafter said...

Absolutely stunning

smokeysmom said...

Just gorgeous, Marta. I love the mica colors and the shine. A really beautiful assemblage:)

Aisha said...

Przepiękna praca . Jestem zachwycona każdym malutkim kawałkiem tego projektu ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...