Monday 5 January 2015

Frosty Morning

Hello, Friends!
I'm one lucky girl who has "escaped" to sunny California for a while but I know perfectly well how dreary January can be...
So today, we have our lovely Elena who used her magic to show us that cold can be beautiful and inspiring! :)


Hello friends!
Today I'd like to show you a canvas which I called "Frosty Morning". Why this name? Because if you look at my works you will see that I often use cold shades and colors, and I thought they perfectly correspond with present time of year - cold January! :)


And now let me show you my process. First, I covered my canvas with Heavy White Gesso. I always start with this step as Gesso makes just a perfect base for using all kinds of paints and sprays later on!


After it dried, I coated the canvas with Silks paints - first, Bolivian Blue and when it dried, I applied one more Silk - Iridescent Copper.


I delicately covered the edges of my canvas with a Distress Ink and some Black Gesso.


Then, it was time for some stamping - and of course, I used my ever favorite clear stamp - the Book! :)
It is just ideal to add delicate touches that make every work richer.


Then, I created my composition of metal jewelry and paper flowers and some Pearl Glass Glitter.


I covered everything with White Sand Paste to add even more dimension and texture.


And then some more Silks in the same shades as I used on my background.
I also needed some wintery sparkling Glitter and beautiful Crystal Glass Beads.


My finishing touch was to splash a little bit of watered down Black Gesso (you can also use black ink) and I was ready!


I love Finnabair products so much! With them on your desk, it is possible to make any kind of work, for every taste, in any style! There are so many opportunities! I'm so happy that I have the chance to work with them.
Hope you'll feel as excited and inspired as I am! :)


Materials used:


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Elena, thanks for sharing how you did this, it..is..STUNNING. Love the cool crisp colours to represent this time of year and that little touch of sparkle. Perfect!! xx

LucianaW said...

Stunning! Great job! Thanks for share!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful! So inspiring!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That's just delicious!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the cool colours. Sue Balawajder

corinne de france MARCH said...

très beau,moi aussi j'aimes les pots Finnabair ;-)

Annette said...

beautiful I just love the styles of this art. oxoxxo

Елена Смоктунова said...

Thank you friends! :)

famillemarleau said...

It's gorgeous. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Kathy Bradley said...

WOW! Your canvas is beautiful and elegant! The design, colors and layout are spectacular and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your tutorial - at least for me as a beginner with mixed media - it is a great help.

Di Garling said...

Soooo very inspiring. :)

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous frosty panel from Elena - it's just beautiful, and great to see how it came to exist.

Hope you have a great time at CHA, Finn!
Alison xx

Carol McCready said...

Fabulous project. I love the colors dimension and texture.

Ella Swan said...

Wow this is amazing! I love it!!

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi this is beautiful, I love the colour. xx Sam Crowe x

Unknown said...

Fabulous project . Elena - it's just beautiful.

Mrs A. said...

This is magical. hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...