Friday 2 January 2015

Dream Catcher

Hello Dear Friends!
Let's start the New Year with a very special project.
How about instead of making resolutions (let's be honest - who ever keeps them...? ;) ) we create some inspiring Art?
Our sweet Marta had an awesome idea to store all the dreams, hopes, things you are grateful for, words of wisdom, precious memories - the list of the possibilities is endless and we hope you will feel inspired!


Hello everyone,
Welcome in the New Year! Is the time going so fast for you, too?
I would like to take a moment here and wish you that this year will be the most creative and filled with special moments.
I would also like to thank you for amazing support for the past few months. Your presence on Finnabair's blog to see her Creative Team projects means a lot to us.
Your comments add wings and motivate to create special pieces just for you.

Today's project is special for me.
It's an altered treasured box.
It's a metaphor box, I placed there my personal dreams and hopes for 2015.



If you're curious, here's what the box looked like before I used plenty of delicious mixed media products. :)


Plain and boring, right? I really needed it to be magical and inspiring and you will see in my video tutorial below how I transformed the box.
My first base coat was made with White Crackle Texture Paste and then I added Mechanicals from Finnabair and some metal pieces from my own stash - all glued with super strong 3D Gloss Gel.
I also glued some paper flowers and some Glass Glitter, Glass Beads and Mica Flakes again using 3D gloss gel.


The whole piece was covered with Heavy Gesso and painted with sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and ColourArte Silks.


I hope you will find my special treasure box inspiring. I wonder what you would put into yours... :)


And here's the promised video:


Feel inspired and get crafting!
Hugs,
Marta xx

Materials used:

17 comments:

whyducks said...

Fabulous

Annette said...

oh yummy and what a great idea. oxoxox

Kathy G. said...

What a wonderful way to start the New Year. Stunning work and great video.

dagmarakos.blogspot.com said...

Marta piękne! z przyjemnością obejrzę tutek, kusicie silksami ;)

Katia said...

so beautiful and amazing!

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh wow, your little box is beautiful and elegant and I really, really like the colors you chose to use. I also watched the video and thank you for your tine - as I am new to mixed media - I am quite anxious to learn!

Linda M. Cain said...

Marta is nothing short of brilliant! I LOVE her color combinations every time. Simply gorgeous work!

~Linda

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful and a wonderful idea. It would make the perfect gift for Christmas so the receiver can prepare for the new year. Thanks so much.

Unknown said...

I totally love this!😊 Such a poetical idea,wonderful,I feel we need more poetry in our lives!Love the color combo too!❤👍❤

angel said...

Świetny filmik :)

famillemarleau said...

It's so beautiful. Love how it looks. Johanne Lacombe

K.C. said...

Umarłam. Weszłam, zobaczyłam i padłam... Boskie, cudowne, przepiękne! - Wystękałam, leżąc!

Carol McCready said...

Gorgeous treasure box.

Sue Lelli said...

Absolutely STUNNING and a FAB video! YOU are so talented!

Di Garling said...

brilliant Marta. Ten out of ten. TFS.

LucianaW said...

Great project! Thanks for share!

Ella Swan said...

Amazing project Marta!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...