Friday 30 January 2015

Create The Symphony

Hello, Friends!
We have a stunning layout for you today... It will surely inspire all those of you longing for some sun and flowers.
Carole takes us for a beautiful walk in a poppy field...


Today I'd like to show you my January layout called "Create The Symphony" with a little sneak peek of my daughter last year in a poppy field.
I love poppies! This shot reminds me of spring... I hope it arrives soon!


And here is my creative process.

I chose one paper from Vintage Vanity collection.
Strips of Sunrise/Sunset papers were layered randomly on the front. To adhere them to the paper, Soft Matte Gel was used.


I covered everything with Clear Gesso

It is no secret that I love Art Extravagance Texture Paste in platinium and white crackle. If you have not used these products yet, you really must as they are amazing!
 
I applied a fairly chunky layer of texture paste. You can use your heating tool of course, but personally, every time I use crackle pastes, I prefer to wait patiently, knowing that the effect will be even more stunning!
To create the vibrant colors, I applied Color Bloom sprays.


I layered some papers behind the photo before gluing everything on my background.

I wanted to add some texture to my piece so I used Texture Paste with crackle and white sand around my photo.


Then I applied a mixture of white acrylic and Color Blooms to simulate the poppy field out of the picture. 


Here's a detail shot so that you can see the final effect of all the pastes and paints:


It only remains to create the poppies that I used as my embellishments. They were drawn with Gelatos, Dylusions Ink and Indian Ink. Then stamped and cut by hand following the outlines.
 
I attached them to the page with mini brads embossed in black.



Here's how my poppies turned out:


I painted some simple flower stems and I wrote my title and the rest of the text - all with Indian ink.


That's all for today!
Hope you'll feel as excited and inspired as I am!

Materials used:
 

17 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I totally love this Carol! The whole piece just sings to me. Big hugs, my friend.

Jane said...

This is such a work of art, gorgeous. I love those hand drawn poppies with their embossed brad centres x

Janka said...

Beautiful work!

Donna Arkle (DizzyDee) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! ingenious to!! love it xxx

K.C. said...

Beautiful! I just love your poppies. Amazing work!

Unknown said...

Such a cool layout, the colour, the composition... the art...!!!! Beautiful page xx

Maremi's Small Art said...

Absolutely amazing page, loooove your painting skills ! xx

Katia said...

Is awesome, thanks for the tutorial!!!

The Colour Press said...

What an absolutely beautiful page. So talented.

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow! what a gorgeous page! Love the flowers :
TFS!

famillemarleau said...

It's very beautiful. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Clare Lloyd said...

I love the way your gorgeous photo extends onto the LO, super work.

Lisa H said...

Beautiful!! I love poppies too. :-)

Unknown said...

love your poppies. Amazing work! merci pour le tuto!

Carol McCready said...

Looks beautiful. I love those flowers.

Unknown said...

T'es la meilleure!! The best!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...