Wednesday 8 March 2023

Lit by Steam by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! I had great fun giving an old steampunk project a colourful makeover a few weeks ago so I decided to try it again using non-traditional steampunk colours and no metallics. 

I started by creating my composition with mechanicals, Mitform metal embellishments and some found items. I had 3 tv valves as the main focus of my composition so I built up the different elements around these. I created areas of texture on the background with crackle paste and mini art stones.


I wanted my project to be mainly white with only splashes of colour so I limited my colour palette to red and blue, with black for the shadows. After each colour was applied I then dry brushed it with white gesso.





The finishing touches were splatters of white gesso and some Ash Gray antiquing wax to add some more shadows. I have a video tutorial for you here with the whole process:



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...