Wednesday 10 August 2022

Lighthouse at night by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hi everyone! As you know Finnabair moulds always provide a huge selection of elements to bring any idea to life. I had no doubt that the gears and metal embellishments I chose were exactly what I needed to create the project I imagined.

I very often take a lot of different paints and apply them layer by layer until I get the surface I need. In this project, I was working with my favourite Opal Magic Paint (I used Blue-Gold colour) and Metallic Paints – Mermaid Teal, Dragonfly, Stormy Ocean, and Golden Moss. I applied them to the elements and a little to the background in a mix with water.


I created pattern on background with Tiger’s Eye Stones Jewel Effect Paste and Gothic Stencil. My favorite Rust Effect Pastes – Brown and Red - helped me to add texture on gears and give them rusty look.



I also used several waxes: Mystic Turquoise and Green Patina to give the elements more colour and Burshed Iron, Vintage Gold, Rich Copper, Red Amber, Aged Brass to give a metallic shine.



Watch more details in video tutorial I prepared for you, I hope you like it - 

 


Anastasia (aka Nastyalena) 



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...