Sunday 8 May 2022

May 2022 Art Recipe

Hello friends,

It's May, so we go into beautiful, flowery colours and designs.



______________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboard consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning you are entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of a colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Magic Effect Paste

Tissue Paper

Jewel Effect Paste

Mica Powder

The colours: grass green, peachy pink, redwood

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till June, 11th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________


This month Guest Designer is Amy Voorthuis


Hello Lovely Creative Friends, 
My name is Amy and I am very gratefull & excited
to show you my project as this months guest designer on the Finnabair blog.

For this accasion I decorated a glass light bulb that my husband bought me a while back.
I call it: "I give you some light in these dark days"
looking at all that's happening in The Ukraine right now!


First I gessoed it with heavy black gesso after that I applied tissue paper with some soft matte gel.
I always use raisin for making my moulds. This time I took it out a little sooner then I normally do so I could bend it to fit my light bulb.
Since it was not fully dried I pressed it against my light bulb and voila it's stuck on there. 




 Then I painted it with the darker red & soft pink colors from the vintage roses mica powder set and some water. 
I also used some other colors acrylic paints to alter my frame. 
After that I arranged my flowers and glued them on my light bulb at the end I added some mechanicals pieces.
I also used some different waxes on my frame as well as on my flowers.






 I hope I have inspired you enough with my project that you will enter this months wonderful Art Recipe!
Have a gorgeous & creative day,
Love Amy 


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Inspiration from our team:





Hello crafty friends!
May's color combination is one of my favourites – Rose and Green, so joyful and elegant. You probably noticed I use Finnabair's Tissue Papers a lot almost everywhere. Lately, I enjoy using them on top of wooden bases, with only clear gesso on top as a primer, I just love the wooden texture underneath the paper. That's what I did in my piece. To go along and complete the vintage look I used True Emeralds Jewel paste and Rose Gold to colour the paper clay decoration. I've also added Mini Art stones and shadowing with 2 mica powders from the fabulous Vintage Roses set.  











Looking forward to seeing your creations this month!
Xoxo

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hello!
Today I would like to share my set of candlesticks inspired by May Art Recipe!
I absolutely love this month's inspiration board. The colour combination and all of the imagery is so beautiful - I couldn’t help myself, I just had to make something!
The inspiration board gives me very much “enchanted garden” vibes, so it's really no surprise it was calling my name!


I used impasto paints to create an ombre blend from green to pink - the two main colours of this mood board.
Antiquing waxes of course to create an aged effect and put some dimension back into the project.
Jewel effect paste worked really well for creating this “dripping candle wax” effect, and finally mica powders to colour the candles themselves to fit in with the colour scheme.







I truly enjoyed working on this project and all in all if you take out the drying time of the effect pastes, this one will take you no more than an hour to complete - so I really hope you will find it inspirational and maybe will upgrade your candlesticks too!
Lots of love,
Iveta x

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



I have tissue paper on my bottle to give a gorgeous background pattern. The beautiful Desert Flowers matches the Matte wax beautifully.






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





An incredible combination of emerald and delicate pink! It's magic! I created the tag inspired by our moodboard. I hope you will also find something inspiring for yourself!










Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from the 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post

2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave the information on where to find them on your project in the description on your blog

3. Enter using Inlinkz below.

Challenge will be closed on June, 11th. The lucky winner will be announced by the end of June.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...