Friday 6 May 2022

Altered tins as teapots by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hi, mixed media fans! Anastasia is here. If you have a lot of tin cans and you want to give them a second life, you can decorate ones with Finnabair Studio materials and use as flower planters.



I chose the ladies from the Queen of Steam moulds and surrounded them with branches to decorate can's surface. Then I colored everything with paints and waxes. 

First, I used Golden Moss metallic acrylic paint with water in the gap between mould pieces; then I added Soot and Sepia waxes to give a vintage look. I applied Brown Rust Effect Paste on some places and added Charcoal Black wax on top and again layer of Rust Paste.


I added Green Patina wax to the moulds and, as a finishing touch, highlighted some places with Aged Brass wax.




All details you can find in the video tutorial I prepared for you, hope you will like it.

Anastasia (aka Nastyalena)


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...