Monday 9 May 2022

In the dark by Anastasi Kuznetsova

Hello, friends!

Today I want to show you a new canvas. As a basis, I took a primed canvas on a stretcher. In order to diversify the texture of the background, I applied White Heavy Gesso and White Crackle Paste to some places. Also, using a stencil and a palette knife, I applied Paper Texture Paste. After the paste dried, I added colour to the work. I used Liquid Acrylics, Sparks and Opal Magic paint. After the paints were dry, I added prints with rubber stamps. To freshen up the background, I added some white splashes.


When I finished working with the background, I began to create a layered composition. I used photography, fabric flowers, chipboard and clay figurines. I made them with the help of moulds from Finnabair. I painted the chipboard with White Heavy Gesso, and then I spray-painted it. When the sprays were dry, I applied coloured Wax. I painted the clay figurines with Black Heavy Gesso. Then I dusted them with Mica Powder and spread the powder with a wet brush.








At the very end, I added accents: beads, sequins and Glitter from Finnabair. I glued the accents on the Soft Gloss Gel.

You can watch the creation process in this video. Enjoy, Anastasi.




Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...