Monday 2 May 2022

Imagine by Kasia Salmanowicz

 Hello!

Today I invite you to the world of textures. Even the most ordinary plastic frame can be completely transformed to make it look very original. A few products from Finnabair and ... see for yourself;)

At first, I covered the entire plastic frame with white gesso, including the glass. Then I used two great texture pastes. The first one is Sand Paste, which gives a great effect like particles of sand, and it all sticks perfectly and does not flake off. The next step was white Crackle Paste. The wow effect is guaranteed. Great cracks that immediately give the effect of old age. These two pastes were the basis for my composition.

Then I used clay elements from moulds with cogs from Finnabair, which you probably know well. The elements are quite large and you can create an interesting composition from them in a very nice way. I also used genuinely old bulbs, wire and a few sticks.


After drying, I coloured everything with new Mica powders. In each set, you will find wonderful colours that I decided to use as a watercolour. I sprinkled a few powders and added water to them. At this point, they begin to act like watercolour paints.



You can find all stages of this project in the video on our YouTube channel. I invite you to watch and comment.


Hugs,

Kasia Salmanowicz

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...