Wednesday 6 April 2022

Teapot by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hi mixed media fans! Anastasia is here with new project and video tutorial. I’d like to show you how to create a beautiful contrasting surface with patina using Rust Paste, waxes and various Acrylic Paints.


First, I covered all surface of my teapot with Heavy Gesso White. Then I glued decorative elements with 3D Matte Gel and applied the 2nd layer of White Gesso. After I dried it all very well, I started applying Brown Rust Effect Paste by mixing it with water. I dried it again and added dark rose color from Vintage Rose Mica Powder set and then Burnt Sienna Liquid Acrylic Paint.


I left some areas white because I was going to add amazing Blue-Gold Opal Magic Paint and wanted to get both colors - Blue and Gold on teapot surface. After I finished working with Opal Magic Paint, I added a bright patina - Patina Green Matte Wax, and then some Sage Leaves Matte Wax (it looks like a pale patina).

At the end, I added some die-cut paper elements that were colored with the same products.



I’ve prepared video tutorial, hope it will be interesting to you.


Anastasia (aka Nastyalena)


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...