Sunday 10 April 2022

April 2022 Art Recipe

Hello friends,

This month we are going into black and white, contrasts and different patterns.


____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboard consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning you are entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of a colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Sparks

Heavy White Gesso

Stencil

Paper Texture Paste

The colours: grey, black, golden

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till May, 8th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________


This month Guest Designer is Xènia. Instants de paper


Hi Crafters!!! It’s always a pleasure to present this project as guest artist for this month in the Finnabair Blog!!
The color palette proposed this month seems fantastic and very versatile, being able to carry out all kinds of projects with it! And what about the products to use! Gesso, paper texture paste, stencils and sparks that we should always have in our mixedmedia wardrobe!
“BLACK SWAN” is my project, inspired by the movie, it aims to show the struggle to save oneself, to be oneself, as well as the fear of showing who one really is.



In this occasion I have used a Dm maxitag as a support which I have given a first layer with Heavy Gesso, for the background I have used the “Dandelions” stencil (which in turn reminds me of bird feathers!!) with paper texture paste and I have finished the ends of it with sand texture paste.


For the background color I have used liquid acrylic in black and pigments.


The focal point goes to my Black Swan. The composition is made up of different pieces of resin made with the molds. The golden frame is painted with metallic gold acrylic and aged with liquid acrylic, the wings have a layer of black gesso and the golden patina is made with acrylic paint Unicorn's Hair (sparks)


To finish and give movement to the composition I have used embossed chipboards (in grey and gold) in the form of filigree and feathers.
As a final detail the sentiment of the metal plate.



I hope you like and inspire this project and I encourage you to participate in this fantastic challenge!
See you soon!!
Xènia


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Inspiration from our team:



Hello everyone!
I created two tags inspired by our moodboard. A few pastes, some flowers, lace and mould castings and they were done. 
I love the black and white combination, but this time was hard to hold myself from adding some colour. I guess spring is finally starting to do its magic.












Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:







Women and melancholy were the first things that came to mind when I saw the challenge for a new art recipe. I wanted an interesting texture to emphasise the mood of my project. I chose two pastes: sand and crackle. The focal point of my project is a woman I found on tissue paper. The mechanical composition next to her is to show how much she has on her mind. Everything has to work regularly as clockwork.



I splashed Sparks paints all over the project - how beautifully they shine! You can see them close to the composition. They also highlighted the mask design wonderfully. Although I am most delighted with how the crackle paste has cracked - magic!






Hugs!
Olga


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hello everyone! The gray-black-and-gold palette of our April Art Recipes didn't leave me indifferent. I changed the box thinking about the creative process and what might be hidden behind it. I collected various elements – moulds, die-cut elements, metal objects, and put a tiny album below them.




I used Heavy White Gesso mixed with Black Gesso, beautiful Raven Black Sparks acrylic paint, Ink Black liquid acrylic paint and Aged Brass wax.





We are waiting for your amazing projects! Join us!
Anastasia (aka Nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from the 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post

2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave the information on where to find them on your project in the description on your blog

3. Enter using Inlinkz below.

Challenge will be closed on May, 7th. The lucky winner will be announced by the end of May.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...