Wednesday 2 March 2022

Round canvas by Kasia Salmanowicz

 Hello!

So far, I haven't used too many transfers in my mixed media projects. This has changed with the new Finnabair transfers. They are really great, very easy to use and have very original designs. I used one of them in my project.

I decorated a round HDF base with a frame. I painted it with white gesso and then applied the transfer. You can of course see everything in the video tutorial on our YouTube channel. It is a very quick way to uniquely decorate any simple surface.


I created a composition with lace and metal accessories. After drying it, I applied clear gesso to make the surface matte and to make it easier to paint later.


To colour my design, I used a set ‘Old Walls’ of texture pastes in wonderful shades. In addition to colour, they provide a great structure, which makes the design look more interesting.


After drying, I lightened the whole composition a bit. I used white gesso for this. I really like this effect;)



Hugs,

Kasia Salmanowicz 



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...