Wednesday 23 March 2022

Hope is never lost by Olga Sępkowska

Hope is never lost!

Two kids. One of them sad, downhearted that all is lost. The other one smiling, wishing for everything to end up fine. The message of my project is that there is always hope. Recently, I've been living in hope too. That the war will end, and my friends will be able to return to their homes.

You can be pretty lazy if you use impasto paint. I painted the previously unprotected casts with several layers of paint while mixing the colours. It is a good idea to dry the project in between applying layers. 







I don't think I'll ever get tired of the dry brush technique combined with white gesso. No matter how strong the colours are underneath, the magic of this technique makes them look beautiful and match. Of course, you have to remember to start this process when the project is completely dry. Otherwise, you might end up messing things up. If this happens to you, don't worry, dry your work well and use a dry brush and white gesso again.

Enjoy watching!


Hugs!

Olga



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...