Tuesday 30 November 2021

November Ambassadors' Spotlight

 


Hello friends,

This month host of Brand Ambassadors' Spotlight is Nuneka with the theme: purple. Kasia Salmanowicz, Riikka Kovasin, Pascale B. Scrap and Karolina Bukowska prepared projects to inspire you.


We all have a favourite colour, that one that brings joy to our creations, the one that makes us feel in our comfort zone because we know the project is going to look great using it. Purple is my happy colour… but is it possible to create a project using only purple, black and white? I decided to challenge myself and alter a book covers.






I combined Jewel Texture Paste with Liquid Acrylic paint to dye it, and as the liquid acrylics are translucent, the amazing shimmer of the paste is still there with a different colour. I love that effect! Crocus Field metallic acrylic paint, metallic waxes and white dry brushing worked perfectly together to colour the composition I built in the cover with different pieces from Finnabair moulds.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




I’m thankful for this topic! Not only is purple a gorgeous colour, but it inspired me finally to decorate and alter this little rocking horse I’ve had in my stash for quite a while. When I saw this wooden shape in a craft store, I immediately bought one to be altered or decorated. But then I got distracted by other projects and moved the horse to “storage” and there it was left. Until this topic! 


I wanted to make a bit “shabby chic” looking creation and used white gesso as my base. On top, I added some texture using two new Finnabair stencils with Paper Paste. I mixed some brass tones to the purple to have a more vintage-looking colour combo. For the decorations, I used different Mechanicals together with some paper blooms. To add a little contrast to the creation I added a touch of stamping here and there as well as some pencil doodled circles. 










Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hi, Today I have for you an art journal.
I love this form of works, allows me to experiment.
This time I decided to face the colour which I do not like.
Purple colour does not delight me, I decided to change and it and connect it with other colours so that he delighted me.



Old pages, books are always inspiring, but as I saw wonderful photos with the Sentences of Art Daily,
they inspired me.




This time I pick a mixture of a miraculous spark, metallic paint and mica.
The colours have delighted me .... Could Purple steal my heart?
I think that such a combination of colours appealed to me and I will come back to this colour palette.
Hugs Karolina 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





My favourite colours are definitely browns and blues. However, right behind them is purple and shades of pink. I really wanted the colour to be the main character of this project. Liquid Acrylic paints did a great job here not only on the background but also on the resin cast frame. To add some contrast, I used a vintage gold wax that warmed these purples and added a glow.






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:






I'm very excited to share with you my first project as Finnabair Brand Ambassador. The theme for this month is Purple. As Christmas is approaching very fast, I decided to alter this lantern I bought a while ago. It will be perfect to decorate my table. 



I wanted the lantern to look like as if the frost had cracked its enamel, so I used the white crackle paste. Of course, I’ve primed the lantern with white gesso before. Of course, I used purple paints, but also silver wax to colour the embellishments to give a frosty look. 
I added a design to the windows with the Crushed Ice effect paste partially covered with silver metallic flakes to mimic snowflakes. 







Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


Have a good evening!

Finnabair Team

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...