Monday 15 November 2021

November 2021 Art Recipe

Hello friends,

In November we would like to focus on realizing how many wonderful details surround us. How pleasant it could be to touch the cool surface of the stones, to watch dewdrops, to feel cold, fresh air on your face.

____________________________________________________________________________

Our new visual moodboard consists of:

- 4 products to choose from - they are shown on the right

- colour palette - right next to the products and each colour has their own circle

- and visual inspiration in a form of several beautiful images.

It is easy to remember - things in circles are the core of the challenge (colours and products) and things in squares/rectangles are only a visual inspiration to help you get creative juices flowing.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

____________________________________________________________________________

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of a colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour palette and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Products to choose from:

Metallic Paint

Antique Brilliance Wax

Icing Paste

Matte Wax

The colours: muted orange, light thistle, muted orchid purple

If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till December, 11th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.

________________________________________________________________________


This month Guest Designer is eMKa




Hello. I am very happy to be the Guest Designer on the Finnabair blog again.
I had more luck this time because the colour palette contains my favourite colours.
I decided to make for you an Art Journal spread with Finnabair products. I have used a few colours metallique paints, Icing paste, castings from mould, stencil and mica powders. Also I used a sticker from the "Words You Need" set and various stamps.






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:
 


Inspiration from our team:




Hello everyone!
My project for this month Art Recipe is this box full of flowers and shine.
I always have flowers that need some updating. It could be because I didn`t like the colour or I managed to destroy them one way or another. But. There`s no mistake that black gesso can`t cover. So I use them for my ”black” projects as they go perfectly with waxes and metallique paints.











Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:






Hello everyone! Finnabair November Art Recipe moodboard is pretty autumnal but it inspired me on holiday project. I've created a Christmas tree heart with a funny skull that can change eye colour. 




I decorated the upper part of the heart with different elements: metal decorations, beads, moulded branches, real seashells. To add colours, I used metallic acrylic paints French Lavender, Plum Preserves, Brass Hardware. I also used Lavender Impasto acrylic paint and Red Amber, Rich Copper, Aged Brass waxes and amazing Copper metallic flakes.








Join us! We are looking forward to your wonderful projects! 
Hugs, Anastasia(aka nastyalena)

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Hello dear Finnabair friends, 

This November Art Recipe includes my favourite colours of soft, dusty pink and purple. The Art Recipe colours also repeat the colours of my studio wallpapers, which is a wonderful coincidence. I thought I’d create an inspirational 30cm x 30cm canvas for my studio; something light and just a tiny bit mystical. Purple is a colour of magic, after all. Here’s how I did it.



I attached some Moda tissue paper on the canvas with Soft Matte Gel and primed it with White Heavy Gesso. Then I added a stencil layer with Modeling Paste and Machinery stencil, and after it had dried, added another one with White Gold Icing Paste and Dandelions stencil, to add a dreamy night sky feeling.



I wanted the canvas to include my favourite elements, so I chose a frame made with Grungy Frames mould, and my favourite Mechanicals; Grungy Butterflies, Woodland Leaves, and Metal Blooms, and attached them as a collage with Heavy Body Gel, after I had first primed everything with white gesso.


Using Impastos Snow White, Dusty Rose, and Aubergine, with a hint of Pitch Black and Dark Chocolate to get the shades right, I painted the canvas. Then I mixed Liquid Acrylics Crimson, Purple, Ink Black, and Burnt Sienna to get a bit depth into the collage and finally added Metallique Paints Romance Pink and Brass Hardware to get it a shinier effect.




As the finishing touch I added a hint of Antique Brilliance Wax Fire Ruby and Matte Wax Old White into the collage and Opal Magic Wax Vintage Silk all over the canvas. 

Wishing you magical moments,

Emilia

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:





Lately, I'm finding it a bit hard to find my place in this world... a place where I would feel inspired, happy and safe. That's when I like to go and hide in my own happy place and create my own magical world. And this month's Art recipe was perfect for this. 


I altered a beautiful glass dome and I've hidden a magical forest world inside of it, where a happy girl is singing and dancing around giant plants and mushrooms. 



I used gold metallic flakes on top of the glass dome and added some gold glass glitter and some gold glitter. I coloured the base of the dome with black gesso and on top some waxes - Amethyst Magic and a bit of Electric Violet.



I coloured mushrooms with Metallique paints - Amethyst and Steampunk Copper. On top, I also added some Unicorn Effect pastes for added magical touch - Magic potion and Golden dragon.



Because I wanted to create realistic forest ground, I added some mica flakes and also some gold glitter for the magic. 



At the end, I added some White Matte wax to highlight some parts of my project.






Hope my project inspires you to play with this month's Recipe ingredients. 

Hugs, Aleksandra

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:




* * * * * * * *

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and 2 products from 4 listed at the beginning of this blog post

2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave information on where to find them on your project in the description on your blog

3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on December, 11th. The lucky winner will be announced by the end of December.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...