Friday 4 October 2019

Canvas "Vintage Whispers" by Olya Kravets

Hello there lovely creative friends! Today I'd like to share with you my new inspiration - a mixed media book with Finnabair's products!


This time I wanted to create with textures and layers. And most of all I was inspired by a piece of wood (nature gives us exclusive materials, does not it). I took my favorite jars and started mixing everything. If you have different texture materials, then your background will be more interesting and beautiful! The main thing is their quality and your inspiration with believing in yourself!



My base is a canvas. I applied a bit of Texture Paper Paste and coated it with Impasto Dark Chocolate to get dark first layer. For more depth and texture I added some Rust Effect Paste to the edges of the sheet. Then I applied additional shades of blue and light blue with Acrylic paints and Impasto paints. Sp the Impasto pastes become thicker, I added a bit of Textured Powder. The particles are small and they can be added to any thick material for greater volume. Any color goes well with brown and gold. So I added a little bit of gold powder for the embossing. For more shine and to highlight the beautiful texture I use Waxes. Here are my favorite shades.


I made a composition consisting of different materials. The more diverse they are, the more interesting your project is. Of course there are Mechanical elements, natural pieces of wood andfabric flower in my project. I added inscriptions from sets Art Daily – Sentiments. I put this lovely background on a book of lace trimmings. Now it's a cozy thing, disheveled and vintage.


I tried to combine my favorite shades of blue and show how wonderfully the Finnabair items combine with each other. You can enjoy any of them, it is only necessary to start!



I invite you to watch my video tutorial to see the whole process of creating my project. Enjoy!


I hope you are inspired by my video and you already have chosen your favorite colors to create something new! Be free in your creativity and love what you do! Create with your soul, tell your stories and your feelings, share with us and love what you are doing!

Thank you for visit us today here on Finnabair blog
With love, Olya.

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...