Sunday 6 October 2019

Be in the moment by Kasia Salmanowicz


Hello!
Welcome to my first project for Finnabair. It’s a huge honor for me and I’m very happy that I can inspire you with all these wonderful products.
At the beginning I made a project in a style in which I love to work. With a lot of brown, a slight brightening and a bit of shine. All this combined with various additions that make the project more layered. Links to all materials used can be found at the bottom of this blog post.


I glued pieces of Finn tissue paper to my canvas. I used Soft Matte Gel for this. Then I applied a bit of white cracking  paste that blends in well. After drying, I reached for the additions. In mixed media style I like that I can use so many elements that are completely different at first. They are made of different materials, have different colors, structure and really do not match each other. Using the right products you can give them a completely different and amazing look. Definitely more interesting. I used metal embellishments, decors from moulds and hdf additions. 








I covered everything with a thin layer of Clear Gesso and then applied some white structural paste in several points to enhance the rustic effect. Then I colored it with a brown paste, which I diluted with water gently. The color became more subtle.



To make the design slightly shiny I used mica in mint color plus two types of wax. Accents come from white Impasto acrylic paint and black gesso.



I invite you to my video tutorial where you can see all the stages of work;))


Hugs,
Kasia Salmanowicz


Mixed Media Place supplies:

1 comment:

Alasdair Mceachern said...

Thanks for this amazing article!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...