Sunday 13 October 2019

Art Recipe - October 2019

Hello friends,

Everywhere there are Autumn and Halloween colours. We decided to go against the mainstream (as usually :D ) and our this month Art Recipe challenge is focused on totally different colours.

Just to make sure, you are all well informed, we would like to let you know, that challenges will be going live usually each second Sunday of the month. So please do not be surprised, that Inlinkz is closed the day before. Please keep that in mind planning your entering the challenge :) because we love your projects so much and we do not want to lose any of them!

The rules are very simple. Each challenge consists of colour palette and products. You need to stick to the colour pallete and use at least 2 of the products listed in a challenge.

Colours of September Art Recipe:
Cobalt, Brown, shades of Gold

Products:
 Art Alchemy: Metallique Paints
 Art Extravagance: Texture Paste Crackle
 Art Ingredients: Art Stones
 Metal embellishments



If the products on your project are not easy to recognize, please add in description information, where exactly we can see them.

Challenge is open till November, 9th. The winner will be invited to be Guest Designer on our blog.


Inspiration from our Design Team:



I am in love in changing seasons... each new season brings so much excitement, energy and new ideas to me. And I am so excited for the Autumn time which is greeting us with all its amazing warm colors. This was my first thought when seeing this month’s Art Recipe colors – cobalt, brown and shades of gold. I decided to create a beautiful Autumn treasure house using white crackle paste, Art Alchemy Metallique paints in shades of brown and blue and quite lots of different Metal embellishments.









This will be a very special piece in our home which will decorate our shelves and bring warmth to our home all until the winter time comes. 







Hello mixed media people!
Today’s project is inspired by Art Recipe by Finnabair;)) There are a lot of metal embellishments, metallic paint, crackle texture paste, art stones and all of them in wonderful brown color with delicate cobalt shades.


I applied texture paste through Finnabair stencil to create a pattern at the background. I did the same on the HDF heart. Then at several points I added a bit of white, crackle paste. Later I started to glue down all individual  elements. You can see also natural wooden sticks. They stick perfectly with Heavy Body Gel.








Then I added a base of heart and beautiful metal accessories that I like to use so much in my creative projects. You can find all links below. I added also several cogs and swirls from HDF material. To comfortably colour everything, I covered all individual elements with Clear Gesso. It is colorless and gives matte surface. That way you can get completely different look of objects that initially looked completely different. With the help of Heavy Body Gel I glued everything together, focusing on the main point, which is the heart.




For colouring, I used one of my favorite paints – brown liquid acrylic paint. I diluted it with water, thanks to which the color gently melted on patterns from the stencil and some details of my project. In several places I added some metallic paint, art stones in two sizes, a bit of gold wax, a few splashes of white Impasto paint and black gesso mixed with water. The whole looks like this;))



Have a nice day,
Kasia Salmanowicz








Hello mixed media friends! Our October Art Recipe immediately fascinated me with these colors - cobalt, brown and shade of gold. What a beautiful combination!
At the end of October, as we all know there will be a Halloween. Since our son grown up we don't celebrate it anymore. But in elder times we were imagining costumes and have meeting with our friends to celebrate this day.
And all that lead me to make this project. I made a decision to create "Old House with Ghosts".


First of all, I came up with a vision of my project. And it's my favorite shape of creation - the house. I made the base from cardstock and paper. And then I colored up base by liquid acrylic paints and metallique paints. I used scrapbooking paper and cutted elements from this paper. To get brown I choose liquid acrylic paint Burnt Umbra and Rustic Brown from Metallique series. Also I used texture paste Brown Rust. I like experiment and to get Cobalt color I mixed liquid acrylic paint Ultramarine and metallique acrylic paint Red Vine. And it worked! I have got Cobalt color!




For some "rooms" I used  Finnabair Tissue Paper - Carte Postale, and then applied liquid acrylic for colored up it. I "decorate" rooms of cutted elements from Art Daily - Vintage Photobooth. As a "shades of gold" I used Metallique wax Vintage gold and acrylic paint Ancient Coin.







I couldn't add volumetric elements inside my project, so I used them on the front side of my project. It's metallique embellishments and chipboard, and cute paper clip from Art Daily set of clips - Nostalgia. Also I used Mini art stones and micro beads  to get a some texture.

Hugs,
NastyaLena
(aka Anastasia Korvyakova)




How To Enter?

1. Create a project with our colour scheme and all obligatory products listed at the beginning of this blog post
2. If any products are not well visible on the project, please leave an information where to find them on your project in description on your blog
3. Enter using Inlinkz below.


Challenge will be closed on November 9th. Lucky winner will be announced by the end of November.

We hope you feel inspired and we can't wait to see your projects :)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...