Friday 27 September 2019

"Look for the magic" Altered Tall Rusty Birdhouse by Bipasha

Let fantasy into your life! Fantasy can be so many things. Magic means different things to different people. It might mean reading a book about someone you admire, or listening to a podcast about how to be a better person. For me, it’s recreating surreal scenes in altered art.





Whatever way you choose to let fantasy into your life, you’ll start viewing the world differently. As Roald Dahl once said, those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.



So here I welcome you to creation process of my magical fantasy -
I used the Prima - Altered Metal Frame - Tall Rusty Birdhouse. I fell in love with this piece the moment I saw it and have been saving it to recreate that perfect fantasy scene. I started with a whitewash coat of White Gesso just to prime the metallic surface for the next layers. I created a brick effect on the roof and walls with foam tape and 3D matte gel as adhesive, subsequently adding layers of Stone effect paste, White Crackled medium to blend the textures.Once dried I added the colours using Impasto and blending it with liquid acrylics to create an aged and worn look.




To embellish the frame I made some fabric flowers using Sculpting medium. The sculpting medium is versatile in creating dimensions on a variety of porous surfaces;  moreso, it's permanent and resistant surface perfect for altering and mixed media techniques. I adhered the Finnabair metal embelishments using heavy body gel as an adhesive. Finally I added some art stones mixed with mica powder and liquid glue in the nooks and corners and added some opal magic highlights and micro beads to finish the look.



Here is a video of the making:



I hope you enjoy the process and get inspired to create your little magical scene and let fantasy in your life. Happy crafting!

Much love
Bipasha x



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

1 comment:

Lanette said...

This is so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing you process and art with us♥️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...