Friday 6 September 2019

Take your time by Kasia Bogatko

Hello
Today's inspiration is a vintage banner. Since I have recently been addicted to the rust effect, this time I decided to put the paste aside and focus on other products.
In this project I used two types of paint - liquid acrylic and impasto. They work great together. I especially like the fact that both of these paints are permanent after drying, so you can apply a lot of colors and do not get the mud effect, the colors do not mix. In addition, liquid acrylic behave similar to watercolors, they dissolve beautifully after adding water. Just remember that when they dry, the water won't work on them anymore.



Impasto paints replaced gesso in this project. Instead of white, I used burlap and linen to emphasize the details, the background. The whole composition is made with cupboards mostly. I have a lot of them and I decided to use them much more often. You can create interesting backgrounds, layers and definitely enrich any project.







Reach into your drawers and pull out the things you have already forgotten a little - and rediscover them. Good luck!






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...