Monday 23 September 2019

Believe by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hello dear Finnabair friends and fans,

It’s my turn again to inspire you here on Finnabair blog and I’m so so happy to be with you again. I hope it brings you some inspiration today.


One of my favourites from the amazing selection of gorgeous Prima-Finnabair products is definitely resist canvas. It gives such exciting opportunities to play with. So, I decided to use it today for the background in making a beautiful soft vintage Dreamcatcher. I dressed it into gorgeous combination of blue and gold-brown colors. I love making Dreamcatchers lately. I love the idea of letting yourself go, dream big and being excited for your Dreams to come true. 




I first dressed my embroidery ring into a resist canvas and covered with clear and a bit of a white gesso, mainly on the edges and over the wooden embroidery ring. Then I added colors onto the canvas – the lighter shade of “Light Patina” Metallique paint and then added a bit of a darker shade from “Night Shadow” Sparks paint. I covered my chipboard pieces with white gesso and applied some colors on top. The clock face chipboard I covered with “Chest of Gold” Sparks paint, some “Dusty” texture effect paste from Camouflage set and some “Cream” texture effect paste from Old Walls set. I covered the feather chipboard piece with a combination of both blue and brown shades used on previous pieces. 





After that I started adding embellishments. I used several Mechanicals pieces and a beautiful sticker with a quote from “Art Daily – Words you need” booklet that sais “Leap, and the net will appear.” (John Burroughs). I covered everything with a bit of a “Dusty” and “Cream” texture effect pastes and added some Copper Glass Glitter for finishing touch.



There is also a video tutorial on Finnabair studio youtube channel so you can see how I created this piece and maybe follow along some steps. 


I hope you liked my inspiration and it gives you some fresh ideas for your creative hours. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a lovely day!
Hugs, Aleksandra

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...