Friday 4 January 2019

Just create by Kasia Bogatko

I made today's project just for fun. When I cleaned up, I found a cardboard frame with cogs, and decided to use it somehow. I wanted to calm down and turn off after Christmas madness, and spend a moment alone with myself in my studio. This is the best relaxation for me.






As you will see on the video, I have protected the cardboard base with Impasto paints, not with white gesso as usual. Acrylic paints are ideal if you don't want the background to be just white. 



I also played with structures, using one of the rust effect paste. I really like this delicate, grainy effect. To make it more visible, I emphasized it with light paint and gesso. I also added some color to my project using sprays and an alcohol inks. Each of them reacts differently, even on the same surface, and I like such unexpected results.



As for the embellishments, one of the main decorations is a large metal star. It was supposed to be part of a Christmas artwork, but unfortunately it did not wait. However, I think that in such a project it worked perfectly well. I also used several metals from the extensive Mechanicals collection and one of my favorite recently - Art Daily lines. You will find there photos and sentences that you can always and everywhere adjust. I love it for that!





Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



1 comment:

na.olsen said...

Great video ! I love the end result, beautifully done ! Did you spray the alcohol inks with water or alcohol? Can't wait to try this !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...