Monday 6 August 2018

Canvas with a smile

Hello friends,
Are you overwhelmed by the heat wave we have now throughout Europe? We are. Maybe you will feel a little bit of cool breeze, when you take a look at Scandinavia inspired canvas created by our lovely Karolina. The colours are cold and with our artistic, creative imagination, one could think of snow... What a relief, isn't it? Even if only for a moment.


*  *  *  *

Today I want to show you canvas in cool colors. I created it after a holiday spent in Norway - I'm completely in love with this country. I tried to convey Scandinavian harsh climate and land forms.



I began my work on canvas I've started creating some time ago. I remember that I applied Art Extravagance – Texture Paste – Graphite through a stencil, and then I made a composition using incredible papers, a piece of frame created with a mold, 7 Dots Studio's stickers and some other tiny goodies. I usually race against time, so I added a piece of clock coloured with Texture Fantasy colors from different sets. I truly love turquoises, Anemone and Coral and Northern Lights sets. 
These are my favorites, which are Yours?


Art Alchemy – Impasto Paint – Jade matches these pastes so well and I decided to use it at the background. To make my project a bit warmer I added „Gold” and „Copper” Mica Powders. They match perfectly matte effect of Impasto paint and pastes. Mica shines just like the sun. Tip: to make it shine even more, mix Mica Powder with Gel Medium Glass or add a tiny bit of water.





To fill blank spaces in the background I used something you can do at home or at holidays – splashes, splashes and splashes! Art Alchemy – Impasto Paint – Pitch Black and Snow White and Art Alchemy – Metallique – Steampunk Copper did it great. Remember! The fewer colors, the easier the work. I have chosen calm, subtle and harmonized color palette, but the holiday mode allows me to create less expressive projects, more vivid and vibrant.






Art Alchemy Waxes always make just the perfect finish of every project!

I highlighted with them all the dark elements of my composition and the effect was stunning. You should really try this trick!


Have a great day!
Karolina






Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

STUNNING layout, Karolina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...