Tuesday 28 August 2018

A woman with umbrella

Hello dear fellow scrappers,
Creativity takes courage - brilliant message brought to us today by Marta Turska! It takes courage to use also objects, that are not meant to be creative material, like a packaging from my Mechanicals and turn it into a piece of art!


*  *  *  *
Hello friends!
Today I have something special for you - altered tag (a piece of Finnabair Mechanicals package), which I decorated in mixed media style!



I used colors of sand and gold to make a perfect match with vintage lady from the beach (look at this amazing outfit!). I used some special Finnabair products to create lovely texture and magical colors.







First of all, I used some paper elements, washi tape and fabric plaster to prepare my background. I covered it with a layer of white gesso and I used a heating tool. Later on I used my favorite harlequin stencil with light paste to create some texture and pattern. I painted chipboard pieces with lovely golden acrylic paint and I used them as the element of my composition. 





I added a few different shades of rust paste, I started from the lightest one and I added a bit of brown and yellow and mixed it with the lightest one again. It helped me to achieve light, airy, mixed layer of colors.



I used chipboard pieces and a paper tag to build my composition, where I placed a vintage - umbrella lady. I used some rust pastes again here and there to accent the lady's figure. I added sentence stickers, some copper micro beads, some accents with metallique wax (it added a bit of shine and dimension to my project). 



A few golden paint splashes and a few vintage art pebbles were a cherry on top!



My project reminds me of golden warm days of summer. 

I love to mix Finnabair products to play with them, to achieve brand new colors and new possibilities. 

Have a great day,
Marta





Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...