Monday 23 November 2015

Denisa's December Daily

Happy Monday, everyone!
Are you ready to start the week with new inspiration?
With December just around the corner, Denisa comes with the most amazing creative idea for this special month!


Are you a Project Life freak? If so, big wows! I must say it´s not my cup of tea to document everyday life. I´m not that disciplined to do the needed job every day no matter what. I tried once and I failed. A year is too long for me.
But what if it´s just a month? And what if it´s the most magical month of the year?! Yeah, my first December Daily!


Before the hard work with all this documenting, there comes the fun part and this is what I´m going to share with you today – the cover.
I grabbed all my fantastic Finn goodies and started to work. My plan was to play around with white, red and a bit of sparkle.


I found an old book cover waiting for some makeover.
First, I applied White Gesso with a palette knife and let it dry. Next, I glued on a piece of fabric and some paper leftovers. I painted White Gesso here and there.


Then I created cute stars using the Star Stencil and Light Modeling Paste.


When it was dry, I added some tea to my project. I love using tea as paint.


I also sprinkled a bit of red here and there. I let it dry and did some random stamping with waterproof inks.
I inked the edges and made lots of white splashes using white Ecoline all over the cover page.


While my cover was drying, I altered the photo. I covered the kids´ faces with a round Finn stamp and went crazy with white splashes again.
Remember to be very careful when drying old pics with a heat gun!
I randomly made some red stains on the photo. I also applied a bit of White Gesso on the edges and stamped on it.
As a final touch I attached Mechanicals metal stars and Art Ingredients Ruby Glass Beads on the pic and did some edge inking.


The next step and impossible to describe was embellishing. Just do what you please and use what you´ve got or what you can find. :) That´s my case.


I forgot to mention that I happened to lose my photo in the middle of the process. My working table is a total mess when I´m creating. I spent 5 minutes looking for it! Seriously! It was hopeless! ;)



Hoping I inspired you a bit to start creating something amazing! Wishing you good vibes and lots of fun! Can´t wait to see your stunning projects in our Finnabair & Friends FB group.
Happy creating!
Denisa

Materials used:


7 comments:

Athanasia said...

So beautiful project with great ideas and inspiration!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous piece, love the texture, layers and touches of red. Tracy x

tigerlille said...

This is beautiful. What a shame the artist used the original photo, and did not ensure that her work was of archival quality.

Mariela Conci said...

Muy original. En mi pais no se usa el diario de diciembre. una lastima. Marielapapeletas.

Kathy Bradley said...

Your December Daily book cover is gorgeous and festive! Your layers and elements are wonderful - as is the photo!

Jitunka K. said...

Amazing work with a perfect xmas atmosphere! Love it! <3

Tapka said...

Very beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...