Wednesday 18 November 2015

1 Brush, 2 Ways

My dear Friends,
today I have for you 2 projects that are especially close to my heart.
Both of them were made during my ARTifact class. This wokshop is one of the most popular classes among my students. And I have to admit - I personally, love it, too!

Here's my first canvas:


As you can see, a paintbrush plays the main role here. An oridnary object, maybe sometimes overlooked but hey, it's our faithful friend, isn't it? :)


Many of my students are really surprised when they learn that we don't use any sprays at all to create our canvases. Just paint. :)


A paintbrush surrounded by Mechanicals and framed with light and texture.


Here's another take on the theme:


The mood is totally different here. The first one was definitely more dramatic, here I still had a lot fun with texture but the overall atmosphere is a lot lighter.




So what do you think? One brush, two completely different moods... Which one speaks to your heart more? :)

Before I go, I need to send you to Prima blog today - Christmas is just around the corner and my wonderful Teamies - Denisa, Kasia & Olga - created the most amazing inspirations for the Season.
Don't miss it! There's also a great challenge and a whole lot of mixed media inspirations!!!


Hugs!


14 comments:

Monica Lore said...

The first one reminds me of Opera and the second of a Pastorale. I like both!

The Tag Lady said...

Both of these are fabulous !. Today the second one speaks to me because today has been a light hearted day , who knows which will speak to my heart tomorrow !

Unknown said...

I did the dark one in your class and love it. But I have to admit that the lighter/brighter one reeeeally speaks to me. Your work just inspires me to try more and different things!!

Jean said...

Wow - I so wish I could create something like this! Love the dark but for some reason I am drawn to the blue!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT TEXTURES and colors!

suzieq23 said...

As always, love love love both of your canvases....but I just thrive on color. It makes me smile, brightens up the room and is like you said, carefree. They are both beautiful!

Athanasia said...

Amazing work! I can't chose one of them, both are gorgeous!

CarrieStephenson said...

I loved doing the dark one with you in class. Still love it now, the dark piece has such drama. Having said that I wouldn't mind doing a light version, your work looks beautiful whether dark or light.

elpimpi said...

You are AMAZING!!! I just LOVE the first one! :-*

Janice Hughes said...

Hi Finn, you are such an inspiration to so many. I love your work and it would be an absolute dream come true to take one of your classes. Maybe you'll make it to Arkansas (U.S.) one of these days. Lol!
The darker one is right up my alley, though they are both beautiful works of art. I just love the richness of the darker tones. Thanks so much for sharing your art. Janice Hughes

Lisa H said...

They are both wonderful! It's hard to choose but I think the dramatic one is my favorite. =)

Marci said...

So very be s utiful!

Marci said...

So very beautiful! correction

ambrevanille30 said...

Please what is the color of mica poser to make the Ray of lights on the artifact workshop?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...