Tuesday 11 July 2023

Bright Lights by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! 

I’m still exploring different ways to play with the moulds from Finnabair’s latest release and I realised that the Lightbulbs mould and Opal Magic paints would be a great experiment to try! Opal Magics give you a really fantastic, bright result when you use them with black gesso so that was my starting point.

I began with a shadow box base and added some texture with the new Rocket Science stencil. I then started to build my composition of mould pieces and a few other elements like fuses and metal bars. Once this was complete I covered everything in black gesso. 


Next was the Opal Magic! I applied a few of the different paint colours and sprayed some water over to really help the paint spread and fully activate the magic effect. The shimmery colours from these paints really do look amazing. I decided to use some glitter for extra shine and selected the Winter glitter set as the colours in the set complemented the paint.



If you haven’t already used Opal Magic paints I really recommend that, they’re a lot of fun to play with! I have a process video for you here:



New products:
969578 - Moulds: Vintage Light Bulbs
969493 - Moulds: Clockwork Sparrows
969769 - Stencil: Rocket Science

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...