Monday 3 July 2023

Artistic paint brush by Kasia Salmanowicz

Hello,

Do you like to decorate unusual items? One of those that I reach for from time to time is old brushes. They are no longer suitable for painting, but they can be successfully used as a base for a mixed-media project. In combination with new moulds and mixed media products from Finnabair, the effect will certainly be delightful.

I reached for one of my favourite novelties, sets of moulds with beautiful frames. They're just perfect. The variety of designs and sizes gives you so many creative possibilities.



I combined the moulds with small HDF elements, wire and metal accents, and painted the whole composition with white gesso. Later I used acrylic paints from the impasto series. Two shades of pink that blend beautifully together. Then I added Burnt Sienna from the liquid acrylic paint series. This is definitely my number one and irreplaceable product.



After drying, I whitened everything. It took quite a long time, but that's the effect I was looking for. I invite you to YouTube, there is a whole tutorial with this project.


Have a nice day,

Kasia Salmanowicz 

New products:
969523 - Moulds: Mirror Frames
969530 - Moulds: Ornate Frames

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...