Saturday 25 February 2023

Mixed-media door "Awakening" by Kasyopeaart

Hi.

My next project for CT Finnabair is a door. Or rather, a gateway to a secret garden.

Spring is coming soon and this door symbolizes awakening from winter sleep.

The first step of work was to paint all the elements with Black Heavy Gesso.


On the background I put a paste made of 3D Gel Gloss and Mica Powder from the Vintage Roses set. I used the Bindweed Wallpaper stencil for this to get a beautiful floral design.


I glued prepared resin castings and metal flowers to the door wings. After drying, I painted them with Silver Spoon metallic paint.

I obtained a beautiful aged effect by Rust Effect Paste, which I added in turn, starting with the darkest color. The door was beautifully rusted.


I painted a large mould of the moth with mica powder that I mixed with Liquid Acrylic Fluid Medium and sprinkled with glitter. I decorated the centre of the flowers with rust-coloured mica flakes and added glitter. And I drew the details with Firebird Metallique wax.

I painted the background lightly with Old Silver and White Pearl wax.

I combined the background and compositions with Heavy Body Gel.


Regards

KasiopeaArt

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...