Tuesday 7 February 2023

Dark Forest Fairy mixed media canvas by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! Sometimes the smallest things can spark big ideas in our heads. I was looking through my paint colours and picked up the Dark Forest Metallic Acrylic- suddenly my head was filled was images of fairies flittering through dark woodlands, mysterious plants shimmering in the moonlight, a secret magical fairyland!

I started by covering the base with Dark Forest metallic paint and a stencil. I then coloured various mould pieces in complementary colours to the Dark Forest green and chipboard pieces with Emerald Green jewel paste.


The obvious focal point for my project was one of the gorgeous Finnabair Fairyland transfers. I started to build the chipboard and mould pieces around the transfer to create the magical centrepiece. Mechanicals, waxes, Sparks paint and die-cuts provided the finishing details to the project.




 I have a video tutorial for you here if you’d like to see how I created this:  




Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...