Wednesday 18 January 2023

Moth's Garden Mixed Media Canvas by Emilia Sieradzan

Inspired by the first signs of Spring I created a garden and insect-themed canvas. With muted colours but with first flowers! Spring is almost arriving but still, it's cold and wintery :) 

I used resin to create gorgeous elements out of Finnabair moulds, the beautiful gate that I wanted to use from the moment I got it! And a moth is one of my fav from insects :)

I didn’t want to overload the canvas with embellishments but still create a pretty, interesting and rich in texture and detail project. 

I started by cutting the chipboard into small ‘brick’ shaped pieces and adhering it to the canvas, creating an impression of a brick wall here and there. To add more texture I applied crackle paint on the bricks and around them.

To make the crackles well visible I added mica powders mixed with water to go into the cracks.

Once everything was dry I made a composition of resin elements, flowers and chipboard pieces.


If you would like to see the whole process of creating the canvas I invite you to watch my video :)



Thank you!

Emilia 

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...