Friday 27 January 2023

Love from the past - by Kasyopeaart

 Hi 

Valentine's Day is approaching, so I decided to create something for this occasion. 

I found a frame that I decided to transform into a decoration. 


The first step was to prepare the frame, I used White Heavy Gesso, I also painted the glass with it. After drying, I glued Tissue Paper with Soft Matte Gel and painted the frame with Impasto paint in Jade. 

I prepared casts from Finnabair moulds, I also covered them with Gesso, and I arranged a composition from them, I glued everything with Heavy Body Gel.

To add extra texture I reached for Sand Paste, added White Gesso and some Art Stones, mixed everything and put on the elements of the composition.

It's time for the best fun, Liquid Acrylic paints and my favourite colour set, Burnt Sienna, Carmine and Ink Black. These colours wonderfully imitate rust effect.


I added tiny metal knobs and everything was ready for the last part of creating my project, i.e. waxes. 


Finally, I used Antiquing Waxes to age everything, I put Sepia and Soot waxes And I pulled out the details with Bronze Age Metallique Wax. 

My frame with a steampunk composition, covered with rust, does it fit Valentine's Day? Of course! 

Best regards 

KasyopeaArt


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...