Wednesday 22 June 2022

Art journal cover by Olga Sępkowska

I don't usually decorate art journal covers. After all, their magic happens mainly inside. I have thought about how the cover should look and what requirements it should meet. Above all, I didn't want it to be too dimensional but still pleasing to the eye and in the style I like the best. I took inspiration from my previous project, chose a mask I like, and chose my favourite metal elements to create the composition. 


When it comes to the cover, good protection is essential. That's why I used matte gel before I started applying the wet media. Only on the protected surface I started to splash with water. I also took care to dry the surface well between coats of paint. 






Of course, the whole process of creating my art journal cover can be seen in the video. I hope you enjoy it and get inspired to create your own! 

Hugs,

Olga


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...