Monday 18 October 2021

Snow White Tag by Emilia Tapiola

Hello dear Finnabair friends, 

It’s October, and although Halloween is on everyone’s lips, I though I’ll do something else instead. Here in Finland, we celebrate the All-Saints Day and remember our beloved ones not here anymore, so created a white tag, resembling first snow and remembrance.

I attached some Nautical tissue paper on the background and primed the tag with white Heavy Gesso and added dimension with Laurels stencil and Frosty Pearl Icing Paste.

I wanted a light and beautiful, simple collage, and used some Mechanicals, a bit of cheese cloth, old buttons, and Art Pebbles, and attached everything with Heavy Body Gel.

To get everything white, I primed the collage twice with gesso, and then painted with Impasto Snow White. After that, I added just a tiny bit of shadowing with Impastos Pitch Black and Dark Chocolate and added a hint of colour with Metallique paint Light Patina and Liquid Acrylic Burnt Sienna.

To get a glistening snow effect, I added Unicorn and Crushed Ice Effect Pastes, and warmth in form of Vintage Silk wax.

I also added tiny lights, to make it look wintery, as I cannot twait for the cozy, dark, wonderful wintertime to come!

Here’s a video of the process:


I wish you happy autumn,

Emilia

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...