Monday 25 January 2021

Mysteries of the Oceans by Olga Sępkowska

The mysteries of the ocean allow your imagination to go on amazing journey. The creatures that can be discovered in the depths are already similar to mystical creatures, and if you sprinkle a little magic on top of that? Surely, someone is watching over all of this nautical life, so that it can exist in harmony. But you still have to keep in the back of your mind how our world affects it's underwater counterpart. The blue of the ocean has been broken by the rust of objects that don't belong to the seabed. 

My project is a response to a longing in my heart for oceans, seas, and even lakes. The beautiful tissue paper - Nautical - worked perfectly here. I wanted to go a bit more into the theme and show the ocean magic. Marine creatures, rusty objects, sea plants - this is what I focused my composition around.

In the video you can see my trick for making gauze stiffer and easier to shape - I used a bit of Liquid Color Fluid Medium for this. After it dries you can tear it even more, you can colour it - and because it's much stiffer you can arrange it nicely on your project.

I used liquid acrylic paints and waxes for coloring. I love the effect the matte waxes give, and highlighted with gold wax they look simply gorgeous! What I love about liquid acrylic paints is how enjoyable they are to work with.



Project is never complete until I add some splashes or sparkling additives. This time I used metallique paint - Hazelnut, and add some art pebbles and a little bit of glass glitter.


Have a nice day!

Olga


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

2 comments:

NancyO. said...

I love this piece ! Thank you for the inspiration !

Chelle said...

Love this Thank you for taking time to do video this has inspired me! Talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...