Friday 8 January 2021

Candy carousel by Anastasia Korvyakova

Hi mixed media fans! Happy New Year! Let it be creative and full of love!

The elements for my first project of this year I have been collecting for a few months. I bought the candy paper box from London. I’ve found metal part of old sugar bowl and plastic horses at flea market and took MDF circles from the decorative pendant set I came up with this fall.




I've applied White and Black Gesso on elements of my alteration as a first layer and then used various waxes. I really love the result that gives combination of matte and metallic waxes and used mix of these waxes on all elements of my project.


At first on the base (paper box) I've used Clear Gesso, then Clear Crackle paste and after that White Pearl metallic and Charcoal Black matte waxes. I've used combination of Patina Green, Patina Blue, Charcoal Black matte waxes with Rose Gold, Old Silver, Bronze Age, White Pearl metallic waxes on other elements. For sticking elements to each other I've mainly used other my favorite product by Finnabair Studio it's Heavy Body Gel that gives possibility to create complicated constructions.




I've prepared a video tutorial.  I hope you find it interesting and inspiring!


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...