Friday 29 January 2021

Be in the moment by Alexandra Mihelic

Hello again dear Finnabair friends. 

Ever since I was a little girl I was always in love with different paper and “office” supplies. My favourite times of the school year, beside the last day of the school (laugh), were the days before the school started, because I always got to pick new notebooks and pencil cases and pencils. And all to this day today I still get excited shopping for such things. 

So, from one of such trips, I had a pencil case, which really wasn’t of my favourite color or design, so I decided that I will try to re-design and alter it. I am excited and so happy with the result. Now I want to make myself a matching notebook and then I’m all set to conquer new year. 



I first covered my pencil case with two coats of white gesso to cover the base color of it. Then I added some Finnabair tissue papers. I love to use tissue papers when creating background. They add that wow factor to the background, I think. On top I added some random stamping with one of the Finnabair stamps. I used some chipboards to build my main composition. I colored the bottom ones with Art alchemy paint “Steampunk copper” and added some Unicorn paste “Golden Dragon” on top. And the bottom chipboards are colored with “Cream” Rust effect paste and with a touch of “Yellow-pink” Opal magic paint. I used some mechanicals and a gorgeous Prima flower in the center of my composition. For the finishing touch I added some golden mica flakes, gold glass glitter and gold glitter and some splatters with diluted “Steampunk copper” Art Alchemy paint.


And I also prepared a video tutorial, which you can find on Finnabair YouTube channel:


I hope you liked my project.

Enjoy your day, take care, stay safe and see you next time.

Hugs, Aleksandra

 Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...