Monday 27 May 2019

Altered jewellery box by Bipasha

Hello wonderful crafters, 
Today I am going to share with you a very exciting project - an altered jewellery box! I used some colours outside of my comfort zone and absolutely love the outcome! It is a vintage themed project and the beautiful Finnabair shades of brown, red and magenta suited my requirements.


Initially, I randomly dry brushed the box. Then, I added a stenciled layer with Light paste and dried it thoroughly. Next, I created the composition with assorted moulds, metal embellishments layered, art stones to fill the gaps and adhered using 3D matte gel. I love the way it holds the dimensional elements strongly.




Finally, I added some colours of Liquid acrylic and diluted it inbetween for blending everything together. I added some waxes, glitters, beads to highlight my elements.
The possibilities of these mediums, embellishments and pastes when combined, are limitless. I hope you are inspired to create your own shabby chic altered artpiece with these beautiful paints and textured pastes, that becomes an outlet to your emotions.


Here is a video recording of the process. Hope you are inspired to create your own memory keepsake cover!







Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...