Monday 25 February 2019

Recycled keepsake cover by Bipasha

Hello wonderful crafters,
Today I am going to share a beautiful project which I am sure you all can easily create with just a couple of Finnabair's gorgeous products. Have you ever thought of recycling Finnabair's metal embellishments' packings or the embossed plastic card that comes within? I have been hoarding the hinged plastic packaging of Finnabair's metal embellishment for years to give them a magical makeover. They are perfect to create a recycled stylish envelope for a letter/ or tags/ or even mini notes!






I have gessoed one of the packaging with heavy black gesso to prime it for the next layers. Finnabair gesso are great for base coatings and creating subtle textures with dabbing brushstrokes. Next, I added some white gesso along with a few drops of Liquid acrylics in ultramarine, emerald. I sprayed some water to blend in the concentrated colours, dryng with a heatgun inbetween to lock the random waves created with each water spray- these medium gives the most amazing blend and waves in different shades of the same colour when we vary the amount of water. Next I coloured my embellishment with black gesso and layered everything with 3D gel, it has a firm hold when it comes to holding dimensional embellishment. Once done, I added some tiger orange liquid acrylic to create the rust effect followed by highlighting the details with the new firebird wax. These new colours are my fave and its just a breeze to turn any project into a masterpiece with a slight rub of these. Finally, I added some splatters of Metallique brass and finished the project with a vintage photo and a quote!


I have recorded the process of creating this beautiful piece, hope you are inspired and excited to recycle your old packings with the beautiful colour mediums and wax of the new release.


Happy crafting,
Bipasha



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

2 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Pure Genius! This is GORGEOUS!

Marci said...

Beautiful! I liked the video, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...