Friday 22 February 2019

Chocolate box by Aleksandra Mihelic

Hi dear Finnabair friends and fans. It's my turn to inspire you again and I'm so happy to be here with you today.


I've had this project in my mind for some time now and I felt it finally was time to make it happen. I feel it was the perfect way to share with you and show you around all the new amazing products that were released in past weeks.







I've altered one of my Chocolate boxes and I've hidden a real treasure inside. Come and take a look. :)







"Life is like a Box of Chocolates..." You will taste sweetness, bitterness, happiness and sadness. Embrace them all, as every single taste is giving you a different experience and an opportunity to grow. Rise above them all and move fiercely and bravely to the person you want to become and with each experience a step closer to goals you want to achieve.


I've first covered everything with two coats of black gesso. I then added some sisal and wooden fibers into the little spots inside the box, colored with black gesso and various Art Alchemy paints, then added some Mechanicals - metal embellishments and some embellishments made with newly released Finnabair moulds. I then covered everything with two basic colors of new Finnabair waxes - Electric Violet and Old Denim. I highlighted it with new Firebird wax, one of my favourite. I repeated the process on the lid of the box.

I've also prepared a video tutorial for you, so you can try to make your own box.



I hope you enjoyed my inspiration today, get inspired to do some amazing projects this weekend and maybe learned something new along the way. 

Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!
Hugs, Aleksandra


Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

3 comments:

Deb C said...

I enjoyed watching you make the box of chocolates come alive. Very nice!

Bothiecat said...

What a great way to recycle an old box. I love the colours.

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

So fabulous idea and your work!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...