Friday 14 July 2017

Home Is Not a Place ~ It's a Feeling

Hello Friends!
Together with my Creative Team, we are hoping to inspire you to grab some paints and papers and have a creative artsy weekend!
Today it's Sanda's turn who's here with her brand new altered art project. Multiple layers of paints, papers, colors, happy stamping and stenciling - it's all there, altered art filled with so much beautiful creative energy - I'm sure you'll all love it!

*   *   *   *
Hello lovely people,
I’m back on the blog today with a project I hope you will love with its bright and colourful layers of Finn’s Impasto paints.
I really can’t have enough of them and like so, my Muse is kept happy and creative! 😊

So for today, I have for you an altered wooden key hanger I bought a good while ago and for some reason, it stayed forgotten on a shelf… until now! 😊
I started by covering up my wooden key hanger with a generous layer of Heavy White Gesso.

When it was dry, I took out my beloved Art Alchemy Impasto paints and started to paint the little cute houses, adding some texture to them by using a selection of stencils.
I didn’t paint the roofs, as for them I had another plan 😊
You can see all the products I used in the list below and my creative process in the video I made.
While the houses were drying, I began painting two mixed media papers with Impasto paints and different ink sprays.
To embellish them further, create more layers and to add more interest and depth, I used a selection of stencils and cling rubber stamps.

Now, going back to my houses, I cut and collaged pieces of my handmade pattern papers on the roofs of the houses using 3D Matte Gel.
Using a fine grade sanding paper I sanded all the edges and then inked them up.
Next, I did a bit of background stamping using Finnabair's 'Read To Me' text clear stamp and black Archival ink.
When the ink was completely dry, I added a few circles using White Gesso and the 'Bubbles' stencil.

Then I stamped and cut out the same amount of circles (and roughly the same sizes) and collaged them with 3D Matte Gel.
I continued embellishing my tiny houses by collaging different shapes I cut out from the painted papers, shading around them with a black charcoal pencil and adding a bit of doodling with white and black pens.

As a finishing touch, I added two pieces of fussy cut Ephemera, a cute butterfly, three Mechanicals numbers and two stamped words.
Here is my video where you can watch my creative process and see all the products I used.
Enjoy and have fun!




I hope you enjoyed and got inspired by my new project and you are ready to create some magic of your own. 😊

Have a wonderful day, my friends, xoxo












Products used:

6 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Brilliant and beautiful!

crazy4atc said...

These are fabulous,gorgeous colors!!

Dortesjs said...

Awwww Iam totally blown away love love love your houses, stamping and ALLLLLL ;O))

jasann said...

Fabulous piece,thanks for the video - you do great work!!!!!

Maura said...

I LOVE this! The houses are so bright and cheerful. Love all the layers of design!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, my friends! Glad you enjoyed my project and I really appreciate all your kind words! Much love, Sanda xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...