Friday 18 November 2016

Forgotten Past

Hi there Lovelies!
As you know, November is the month of introducing my new Creative Team. I'm so blessed and beyond thrilled to be welcoming these amazing Artists on my blog. ..
Today we meet with Sanda and oh, my... you won't believe all those layers and breathtaking textures! She created a true fairy tale treasure...
Hello dear friends!
Not many of you will know about my passion for all things vintage. Old eras, ancient places, artefacts, you name it, they have always fascinated me.
I like to think of fossils as Nature’s way of making fine art… So, when I discovered some ammonite fossils at the Natural History Museum here in London, I knew immediately I would use them in my artwork. I was just waiting for that special occasion. And what a better occasion than my very first blog post as a Finnabair’s Creative Team member?
For today I decided to create and share with you an art journal cover to reflect this love of mine.
I started by applying a coat of Heavy White Gesso on my cover, dried it with my heating tool and then collaged a piece of tissue paper using Soft Matte Gel.

For this project, I went for lots of texture using chipboard pieces, trims, White Crackle Paste I spread through the Bubbles stencil and White Sand Texture Paste.

I also glued down two pieces of paper clay which I stamped with my ammonites.
I left everything to dry overnight to allow the crackle paste to work its magic! The next morning, I added a few bits of cotton gauze and lace, all glued down with 3D Gloss Gel.
I dried everything and then I covered the entire piece with a layer of Heavy Black Gesso.
Separately I mixed some of the Black Gesso with Art Stones and Mini Art Stones and spread them randomly with my finger.
I must admit that I am totally addicted to the Art Stones, I can’t get enough of them! :)
I embellished the project further with some gorgeous, rusty looking Mechanicals and Cold Country collection sentiments.
To paint my cover, I used lots of Art Alchemy Acrylic Paints, Opal Magic and Mica Powders.
A real joy to work with – these paints are luscious, my friends!
Here are a couple more detail shots, I hope you find these textures inspiring.

I hope you enjoy my project and that you feel inspired to create your own wonderful art.
Here is my video where you can watch my creative process. Have fun!


xx
Sanda

Products used:


7 comments:

Lisa H said...

very cool!! that texture is so fabulous.

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous in so many ways !
Corrie x

SuziR said...

Wow! This journal cover is glorious. I love all the different textures and the colors. A beautiful piece of art.

JaMajka said...

Wow, amazing texture and colors!

selena said...

j adore les textures, les couleurs, merci pour la vidéo!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments Lisa, Corrie and Suzi! <3 xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks a million Marta and Selena! <3 xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...