Tuesday 6 August 2024

Colour Experiment mixed media canvas by Lori Woods

 Hello creative friends! I've been challenging myself to try and use different colours in my projects lately. I like to look on Pinterest pick a colour palette at random and find a way to incorporate it into my canvas. The colour palette for this project was Dark Grey and Orange.

I created the dark grey background by simply mixing black and white gesso until I had the colour that I wanted. I then selected a couple of different oranges from Finnabair's range- Sparks Ginger Magic, Sparks Phoenix Feather and Metallique Fresh Orange. 

I decided to paint all the resin pieces with Linen Impasto paint for a neutral base and assembled these into a composition. Once I had everything glued down, I started to add the different orange colours to different areas.



I wanted to highlight some of the details on the mould pieces so I decided to use waxes in a cool colour to contrast the warmth of the orange. Sea Glass and Emerald waxes were on my desk and I think they work with the overall colour palette- what do you think?




For some extra zest, I used some orange glitter from the Autumn collection and I was finished. Do you think my colour experiment worked? What colours would you like to challenge yourself with?

You can see the whole project here



Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place or online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...