Saturday 10 June 2023

Pieces of Me- mixed media assemblage by Lori Woods

Hello creative friends! I rarely use photos in my projects and never ones of myself but I’ve always been in awe of the creations Finnnabair makes with her own image.  I decided it was finally time to try it myself!

I started with a base and created sections using the new Art Deco stencil and mould elements. I used moulds that had some symbolism for different aspects of my life. I then created a focal point and frame for the photo using pieces of dowel rod.






For the background, I wanted to create a dark and grungy feel so I used Impasto paints which have a great matte finish. For the focal point, I used gold metallic paint to create a contrast with the background. A little Vintage Gold wax helped to bring some highlights to the mould details.

I hope this project inspires you to try something new and there is a process video for you here:


New Products:
969578 - Moulds: Vintage Light Bulbs
969530 - Moulds: Ornate Frames
969493 - Moulds: Clockwork Sparrows

Products I have used - all the images linked to Mixed Media Place online store:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...